5 WAYS TO USE COLOUR & PATTERN IN YOUR HOME
We're excited to welcome Playroom to Scout & Co! This British brand makes beautiful décor that allows your children to explore their creativity and spark their imagination. Inspired by folk art, vintage school books and the 70s, the collection includes wallpaper, cushions and lampshades. We love the retro Scandinavian vibes.
Founder Emma Carlow is an expert on using colour and pattern in family homes, so we asked her to share 5 tips, from super-bold to subtle.
1. If you want to include a lot of pattern in a room, vary the scale and textures. Choose a really bold pattern and a different medium one, then a smaller pattern or fine stripe, linked by colour palette. Have an item of furniture, wall, lampshade or cushions in an accent colour.
2. Pattern can be subtle: our Old MacDonald wallpaper in versatile dreamy grey is our most popular. With a grey pattern, you can carry on with pastels or pair with brights.
3. Love wallpaper but worried it could be a bit intense? Paper one accent wall and break it up by hanging pictures or putting up shelves on top of the paper.
4. Paper or paint the back wall of a shelving unit or cupboard for a more understated colour or pattern pop.
5. Accessories are an easy way to dip your toe into pattern. Bedding, lampshades, rugs and curtains are easy to update if you get bored.