This beautiful treasury of 50 beloved, nature-themed tales will take readers on a journey to every corner of the globe of stories takes readers on a journey with 50 tales, featuring themes of nature from all around the world.
There are folk tales from home alongside legends and myths from distant lands to commemorate the animals, plants and the changing seasons that make planet Earth so beautiful. Learn about:
- The Peruvian tale of Cuniraya and the Magic Fruit,
- The story of how lightning began according to an ancient Khasi folk tale from India,
- From Ireland, the story of The Bee, the Mouse and the Beetle,
- The Master of the Winds in the ancient Iroquois story of The Four Winds,
- Paul Bunyan, the giant lumberjack from North American folklore, and
- Spain's Queen of the Flowers, who is brought to life one night by a magical fairy.
Best-selling author Angela McAllister retells these folk tales, which are brought to life with beautiful illustrations from Hannah Bess Ross.
A gorgeous addition to a family book collection! Check out the accompanying and equally lovely books, A Year Full Of Stories and A Stage Full Of Shakespeare Stories.